The first word spoken on the moon was "okay". (Or not - see comments). Seoul, the South Korean capital, just means "the ca...
If you have missed the fun, catch up with the highlights.
Australian slang is also known as "strine". Seemingly it is on the decline, so in the interest of keeping it alive, here are some of the more popular slang words and phrases.
- Arvo - afternoon
- Bikkies = biscuits
- Doovalacky - thingummyjig, whatsit
- Dunny - toilet
- Postie - postman
- Sangers - sandwiches
- Snag - sausage
- Sunnies - sunglasses
- Don't come the raw prawn with me - don't try and put one over on me
- Go off like a bucket of prawns in the sun - cause a commotion
- His blood's worth bottling - he's an excellent, helpful person
- It cost big bikkies - it was expensive (bikkies = biscuits)
- Let's have a Captain Cook - let's have a look
- Dry as a pommie's bathmat - thirsty
- Flat out like a lizard drinking - flat out, busy
- Mad as a cut snake - very angry
- Rapt as a dunny roll - very happy
- Budgie smugglers - tight-fitting skimpy swimming trunks